As we near the end of the school year, we will be holding our final parent night! On May 4, 2018 we will be hosting an end of year BBQ celebration! Hot dogs will be served. You are invited to bring the entire family for food, fun, and games. More information will be sent home as we get closer to the event!
We had a Robotics Demonstration last night, March 29. It was an awesome way for the kids to show off their hard work! We are so proud of our Robotics team and Mr. Michael for working so hard to code their robots. Good job, Robotics!
Hello! Spring is popping up all around!
In the last few months, we have had amazing people from the community come and volunteer their time in our program. We have had Daniel, a potter, come and teach the children about pottery and art. Star, the Logan poet Laureate, hosted a poetry workshop for the 4th and 5th graders, and we will be hosting USU environmental studies majors to teach us about Earth Day. We are so lucky to have such a supportive community.
April 2-6 Spring Break
April 27 Soccer Tournament
May 11 Last Day of ASC
January has been a wonderful month. We welcomed new leaders and new students into our awesome program. Our Robotics club is in full swing, and we are looking forward to the competition.
Feb 2- NO SCHOOL, NO ASC
Feb 14-16- NO ASC, PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES
Feb 19- Presidents Day,--NO SCHOOL, NO ASC
March 2- Parent Night ( More info on this soon!!)
During the month of November, our ASC students were able to participate in many amazing activities!
First, we thank you for your support and participation in our parent and family night that included our science fair! We had a wonderful turn out, and hope to do the same type of activity next year.
Some of our 3- 5th graders were able to participate in "Lights On!", a program that showcases after school programs around the valley. Our students rocked it! They had a wonderful time being on Utah State's campus and working with important people in the valley.
Finally, we had the great opportunity to have a guest speaker come and talk to our older grades about health and fitness. We are grateful for the community involvement in our program.
Thank you for all you do to support our ASC program. We appreciate you and your wonderful kids!
We had such a fun time taking our ASC students to the pumpkin walk this week!
Just some reminders:
- There is no ASC on November 3 because of a half day of school
- Some of our ASC students have been working with USU students on science fair projects. The science fair will be on November 8.
- Parent Night will be on November 10! We are so excited to have the USU physics department come and show us experiments and show us their love of science. There will be refreshments served!
- Lights on will be on November 15 in the newly remodeled Daines Hall on USU campus. We invite everyone to attend! This will be an exciting performance featuring some of our Hillcrest students.
- Remember there is no school and no ASC November 22-24. Have a good Thanksgiving break. We are thankful for you!
- Reagan, ASC site manager
We are happy to be back at ASC!
Here, we will post updates and announcements pertaining to After School Club at Hillcrest Elementary.
As always, please email the site manager, Reagan, if you have any questions or concerns. email@example.com
Remember, no ASC on October 6, or the 16-20.